The Resource Center, also known as the Center for Christian Growth of WNY, is supported in educational ministry by the Presbytery of Western New York.
The Resource Center:
- is a library where books, tapes, records, and curriculum are available for churches to borrow and preview.
Over 4000 Resources for use in:
Youth Groups, Church School
Personal Growth, Small Groups
Social Concerns/ Justice Ministries
- is a contact with what your denomination and other local churches are doing
- is a place for the sharing of ideas and for help for people carrying out the mission of the church.
Resources are available in the following categories:
The Bible Story
Old and New Testament Studies, Bible Background, History, Interpretation, Jesus, God, Early Church, Advent-Christmas, Lent-Easter, Pentecost
The Church Story
History, Beliefs, Worship, Sacraments, Music, Prayer, Spiritual Growth, Planning, New Members, Stewardship, Evangelism, Confirmation, Racial-Ethnic Ministry, Leader Training, Small Church, Major Resources of Christian Churches (Disciples), Presbyterian Church (USA), United Church of Christ
Preschool, Youth, Adults, V.C.S. Intergenerational, Teaching, Storytelling, Drama, Crafts, Games, Outdoor Ministries, Retreats
Family, Parenting, Lifestyle Change, Wholeness-Health, Values, Ethics, Morals, Communication, Conflict Resolution, Life Planning, Aging, Death and Dying
Africa, Central/South America, China, South Asia, Korea, Middle East, Pacific, Europe, Mission Resources, Global Living, Jewish Studies, Ecumeneism, World Religions
Disabilites, Human Rights, Homelessness, Ecology, Hunger, Peace, Energy, Faith/Public Life, Substance Abuse, Cults, Women's and Men's Concerns, Sexuality, Justice, Racial-Ethnic Concerns, AIDS.
Click here for the full Resource Center Catalogue (PDF).
Resources may be borrowed by:
- Coming to the Resource Center
- Requesting resources by phone to be mailed. (You pay postage.)
- Calling for an appointment for a resource visit: (716) 631-0979
The resource center is located in North Presbyterian Church of Williamsville at 300 North Forest Road.