January 28, 2017
Attendance: Teaching Elder 26; Ruling Elder 26; Council Members 3; Guests 6
Highlights of the Presbytery:
- Taize Worship led by Moderator Bob Sillars, Alice Knittle, Tracy Daub & Stuart Buisch
- Report from the Moderator
- Report from Council about looking at the book “Community” for discernment tool. We will be looking at the book and conversation on Feb. 4th 10-1pm Presbytery Office – Everyone is invited.
- Two Amendments were introduced for information: 16-G Access to the Lord’s Table and 16-H Revised Directory of Worship – Presbytery will vote on these at the May Meeting.
- Remaining food from lunch was donated and gratefully distributed at Heart, Love and Soul in Niagara Falls.
Presbytery approved the following:
- Presbytery minutes from September 24, 2016 & received Council Minutes September 13, 2016; Trustees Minutes September 1, 2016 & November 3, 2016.
- Elected Teaching Elder Howard Boswell to Committee on Preparation for Ministry – Class of 2019.
- Budget for 2017
- Amendments to Constitution 16-A-16-F
- PILP Loan for Maryvale Dr Presbyterian Church
- Report from the Administrative Commission at South Park
- Dissolved the relationship between Teaching Elder Justin Marple and Niagara United Presbyterian Church
The Next Stated Meeting of Presbytery is May 23, 2017 at Maryvale Dr Presbyterian Church, Cheektowaga, NY